Thursday, January 10, 2013

#61randomactsofkindness

My dad's 61st birthday would be this next Monday, January 14th.  It is a bittersweet day...although I know he is in a much better place and free from that nasty Alzheimers, we sure do miss him like crazy...even more so in the last few weeks!  I took the day off just because I wasn't sure how I would feel, but I think I am going to be okay.  I decided to take the opportunity to honor him for his first birthday in heaven by doing 61 random acts of kindness during his birthday month.  I'm loving it...it's such a great feeling and makes me smile knowing that he is watching me from heaven and smiling himself.  It's kind of kept me from getting so sad...it's giving me something to focus my attention to.  So, stay tuned because after the month and the 61 acts are done, I will blog about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment